Description of the Tasks
The present request covers functional and technical assistance to ESSI including the following tasks:
- Manage and organize the development team, and define priorities for ESSI evolutions.
- Evaluation and implementation of impacts from legal and standardization frameworks (e.g. eIDAS).
- Enhancement and documentation of the electronic document signature service application platform.
- Deployment of ESSI solutions and infrastructure management in the European Commission environment.
- Market analysis of electronic signature solutions.
- Provision of second-level support and integration assistance to existing ESSI production client projects as well as new client projects.
Expertise the tasks will require
- Strong knowledge of the legal framework of eSignature and Trusted Lists:
- eSignature Directive 1999/93/EC - Services Directive 2006/123/EC
- Commission Decision 2009/767/EC as amended by Decisions 2010/425/EU and 2013/662/EU,
- Commission Decision 2011/30/EU, as amended by the Commission Decision 2014/148/EU
- eIDAS Regulation 910/2014
- Commission Implementing Decisions 2015/1505/EU and 2015/1506/EU.
- Knowledge of the standardisation framework of eSignature and Trusted Lists:
- Advanced electronic signature standards and technology, including the ETSI standards for eSignature (CAdES, XAdES, PAdES, ASiC, TSL).
- Strong knowledge of qualified certificate standards and procurement issues.
- Very good experience with eSignature OSS solutions, IT security concepts, and related security Hardware such as smartcards, tokens and Hardware Security Modules.
- Experience with complex software architectures and projects with similar technologies and size.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and capability to reorganize the project management around the ESSI project.
- Certifications in PM2, PMP, Scrum or Prince2 are an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent oral & written English.
Work environment / Conditions
The work will be done on intra-muros at the Commission's premises (Luxembourg or Brussels). Access to the internal network of the Commission is essential. DIGIT will supervise and co-ordinate the work.