The Sr. Program Manager will be part of the delivery team that drives the development of private cloud solutions. He/she will define and drive program initiatives, collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders from development to operation teams and customer. The Senior Program Managers is both strategic and tactical, lead building new platforms, features and services and innovate cloud services. In this high-visibility and high business impact role the Sr. Program Manager will deliver big ideas and transform them into scalable projects. The Sr. Program Management makes sure the right features, experience, quality, schedule, continuity and service capability are delivered, and makes ensures the program/projects receive Service Design & Service Management processes which contractually and operationally meet their requirements. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for the design of Service Offering and the Service Design and Implementation.
- Define new services and technology/architectural vision for critical aspects of the program.
- Provide the guidance on development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Lead teams through transition from ideation to execution.
- Define projects; requirements gathering, write detailed functional and test specifications, coordinate efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets.
- Collaborate with development teams to build and launch new services, features and programs.
- Work closely with engineers, QA, service owner and other teams to get high-quality solutions and features through the project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead program setting priorities for releases and solutions.
- Lead the project team through each phase of the program.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years' experience in a technical project or program management role.
- Understanding of SDLC and modern development with services.
- Solid exposure delivering programs to an Agile methodology (Scrum).
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service end to end.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain roadmaps, setting appropriate expectations and insuring services meet high operational excellence standards.
- A demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically on the direction of cloud-based solutions and make recommendations with fact based discussions and presentations.
- Experience and ability to understand multiple technologies and how they interact for the benefit of customers, delivered in a Cloud environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills are a must.
- Judgement, maturity, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills and leadership skills.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working on large cloud DataCenter development and deployment with ambitious timelines and/or constrained resources.
- Comfortable defining and executing complex program with intimate understanding of dependencies, critical paths, key and critical landmarks, and results.
- Service-oriented mind-set.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential.
- Any other European language is a plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
- Service Design/Architecture experience.
- Service Implementation background.
- Service Management Tool Design & Specification experience.
- Experience managing cloud development projects.
- Experience in enterprise cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Etc.).
- Data-driven; strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Relevant domain experience within either core infrastructure & ideally Virtualization and software defined infrastructure.