Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is one of the largest banks in the Grand Duchy and offers retail, private, corporate and institutional banking as well as treasury and financial market services. We are focused on Luxembourg and select international markets, and on a long-term value creation by empowered individuals and teams. Most of BIL's 2000 employees work at the headquarters in Luxembourg city: the centralized setup promotes swift , agile decision-making and enabling BIL to offer clients innovative solutions for their changing needs.
You will provide support to external packages as well as inhouse development
- Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing...) with our infrastructure provider
- Support the environments and solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers
- Analyze problems, solve issues, implement monitoring, perform performance tuning and optimization
- Ensure the integrity of the managed environments and perform upgrades
- Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Must Have Requirements
- Equivalent to the completion of at least 4 years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector
- Strong hands-on knowledge of enterprise server and desktop operating systems, applications and scripting such as:
>Linux, Microsoft Windows
>Oracle, SQL Server
>Websphere Application Server, IIS
- Experience with SAP and Trading room applications (Kondor+, ...) would be an asset
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus & effective time management
- Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to conduct research into software development, delivery concepts, and technical application issues.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution
- Willingness to work weekends and provide on-call support if required
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to take on roles in different business areas for the broadest possible experience.