Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
BIL is currently seeking
A Data Analyst to support the continuous improvement and deployment of the Data Governance capabilities at the Bank, in order to enforce our Data Quality & Governance Team and its growing activity.
You will ensure:
- Collaboration with Project Teams (Business and IT) to provide clear business definition of Data in the centralized Glossary: Concepts, Entities, Attributes, as well as Reports.
- Correct assignment of Data to its Data Owner(s). Resolution of conflicts when ownership is not clear.
- Support on the validation of Logical Data Models based on already defined modelling rules and the management of the data models lifecycle
- Communication within the Data Governance team on status, evolution and blocking points. Share experience and resolution of issues.
- Reporting to the Data Governance Team Leader on a recurring basis, to keep track on the evolution of the Glossary definition and anticipate escalation of blocking points to the Data Quality Forum
- Onboarding of Data Community members into the Tool (HOPEX) and Process (Glossary Definition): user access and step-by-step process
Must Have Requirements
- Proven experience as Data Analyst and/or Data Modeling Analyst in the Bank sector
- Very good knowledge of Data Governance and Data Quality best practices with proven experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Economics or Finance management - BAC + 5
- Experience in Agile & Waterfall projects
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and French. You are able to participate actively in English and French meetings
- Banking know-how: good understanding of the banking products and services (previous experience in the sector is an asset)
- Data modeling (design via HOPEX) and UML design for use cases is an asset
- Willing to combine business and technology
- Communication skills, both with business and technical people
- Ability to clearly document business, functional specifications and to explain the added value in business terms
- Willing to learn (methods, business activities) and to develop new competencies
- Team player, with an ability to understand the problems of other businesses
- Results oriented, self-managed
- Innovative and creative
- Listening skills. seeks to first understand others
- Enjoying sharing his/her knowledge and supporting colleagues in developing their competencies
- Concrete relational and conviction capabilities
- Capacities to organize him/herself and set priorities, manage stress
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to take on roles in different business areas for the broadest possible experience.