The Senior Network Engineer helps to ensure the health, reliability and availability of Champ's network, messaging and interconnectivity infrastructure which includes being involved in daily operations, technology assessment and project roll-out.
Based in Luxembourg, the position requires a regular and full-time presence as well as a flexible work schedule depending on the business needs. The Senior Network Engineer will be required to participate in an on-call rotation and may require occasional travel to different Champ offices and customer.
The position holder will be accountable for the accomplishment of following tasks & responsibilities:
- Resolve and troubleshoot simple to complex network, security and messaging related incidents
- Being one of the primary resources for escalated issues and tickets
- Operate as one the of primary resources for network project assessment and deployment
- Create and execute operating procedures within scope of Interconnectivity & Networking
- Provide continual service improvement initiatives within given responsibility area
- Ensure daily support commitment within given timeframe
- Travel to provide service and support for our customers and internally if necessary
- Evaluate and document “proof of concept” of new systems related to the scope and responsibility of Interconnectivity & Networking team
Knowledge, competencies & skills
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role and Cisco CCNP certified will be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and excellent troubleshooting skills
- In-depth experience with Layer 3/2 protocols and technologies(BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Site to site VPN, Gre, Hsrp, Nexus Vpc, Nat, Rnat, STP)
- In-depth knowledge/ experience of Cisco Cucm
- Willing to learn other technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence and top results
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory; French, German and other languages will be an asset
The selected candidate may be subject to the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016
We offering you?
You will be working for a worldwide leading Company in a dynamic and challenging international environment servicing the Air Transport Industry. You will benefit from the company continuous investment in staff, product and technologies. Your career evolution will be driven by your performance and the Company's expansion.