The Integration Engineer is responsible for the solutions architecture, configuration, administration, design, development, documentation and technical support of our ServiceNow.
- Implement, document and maintain Champ Cargosystems ServiceNow platform. Maintain in-depth knowledge of service offerings and business needs.
- Test, analyse, collaborate and assist with translating business requirements into technical requirements to ensure a smooth implementation of new enhancements.
- Utilize Java Scripting, HTML, CSS, and Powershell to deliver solutions that automate and audit business processes with knowledge of web architecture and Rest interface.
- Utilize best practices for development, conduct thorough testing, analysis, and certification of changes to ServiceNow.
- Adhere to change management best-practices through testing of changes, new applications and instance upgrades in a non-production environment prior to being released in the production environment
- Update & maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for ServiceNow instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after the upgrade is completed
- Log technical support incidents, problems and requests into ServiceNow and monitor incidents assigned
- Participate in Problems and Knowledge initiatives and other process improvements
- Provide technical support to Champ Cargosystems technical and business teams utilizing ServiceNow
- Escalate performance issues, unresolvable incidents and service interruptions to ServiceNow technical support. Create and update incident records in ServiceNow
- Monitor and test for optimal system performance
- Remain current in industry trends in Information Technology including ITIL and ITSM best practices
Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; pro-actively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency
Key Skill Sets or Knowledge Requirements
- Talent for creating team satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the team value in all work
- High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to team
- Excellent writing skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding, including ability to quickly learn new applications
- Focused listening skills to properly determine and meet technical requirements
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively
- Strong time management and communications skills are required to keep on task and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to partner with internal IT resources and business process owners to deliver high quality work product
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines
- Flexibility regarding work schedule to meet position needs outside of regular business hours
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests in a timely fashion
Desired Career Experience & Education Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in IT Operations and/or 5+ years of experience with IT Service Management tools
- 2+ years of experience with developing and administering ServiceNow
- Very knowledgeable of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, HTML, Ajax, CSS, HTTP, etc.), Powershell, SaaS applications, network operations (networks, protocols and email [SMTP, POP3])
- Experience in Web Services integrations, Rest interface and SOAP
- Demonstrate proven development experience in ServiceNow application customization using client scripts, Business Rules, UI Scripts etc.
- Ability to create, administer and manage Workflow Configuration
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, Version Control and deployment
- Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and provide user support
- Experience documenting code and system processes and procedures in a clear manner
- Experienced and knowledgeable of web applications, networks, protocols, email platforms and Active Directory (LDAP)
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation
- Strong knowledge of ITIL methodologies, ITSM concepts, enterprise IT architecture, relational databases. ITIL certifications
- ServiceNow Admin and Developer Certifications
- Scrum knowledge appreciated
The selected candidate may be subject to the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of good conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016