To reinforce our team in Luxembourg and be involved within challenging projects for our prestigious clients we are looking for an Oracle Programmer / Analyst.
As the Analyst Programmer you will develop and provide 3rd line application support to the Implementation Team:
- Analyze and understand business needs
- Develop new modules including design, coding, testing and integration
- Enhance existing modules to improve functionality as requested by user
- Deliver patches to clients
- Troubleshoot and debug when issues arise
- Document the code and the technical procedures.
Participate to the migration of business data within software database:
- Provide assistance for installing and configuring software migration tool
- Support migration activities, train and assist client business users.
Position requirements / specifications
- Key competencies:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to interact with team members
- Client and quality minded
- Fluent spoken and written English, French would be an asset
- Excellent analytical and logical skills
- Ability to address problems with methodology
- Ability to anticipate client needs and be proactive
- Strong motivation to continuously increase quality and efficiency
- Autonomous, rigorous, and well organized
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Technical knowledge:
- SQL and PL/SQL languages
- Oracle databases concepts and logic
- Strong conceptual skills
- At least one significant experience in development using a Fourth-generation programming language (Oracle Forms will be considered as an asset)
- Scripting and batch language (Unix Shell, Power Shell, MS-DOS, VB Script, ...)
- Good understanding of all components defining an IT infrastructure.
- Business knowledge (optional): Understanding and knowledge of the investment fund concepts and business is an asset
- Key organization relationships:
- Report to the team manager/leader
- Work in close collaboration with all technical consultants around the globe, and with all R&D Teams (DB Architect, MW, Supportive tools,...)
- Work in close collaboration with functional consultants
- Liaise with all IT people / business users at client side
- Liaise with Oracle support when appropriate