In order to reinforce our team, we are looking for a Unix Consultant.
The UNIX Service is responsible with level 2 incident processing and is also involved in problem processing when servers running UNIX are involved or impacted. The working of the service relies thoroughly on the ITIL standards. The service is in charge of the administration of all servers running a UNIX operating system (Redhat and Solaris), all environments (Production, quality, development, etc.) included, required to host all IT services. A main objective is to keep all servers at their optimum working capacity. Regularly, this service is required to patch servers outside working hours and guaranty the platforms evolution.
The service can have as clients:?
- the service desk if an incident has been detected by a monitoring tool;
- the problem manager in the case of an investigation.
On the basis of inputs from the capacity management process, the service may be requested to carry out studies with the contribution of suppliers to define which extensions could be done. Often people in the team are integrated early in new projects (driven by another unit) to be made aware of what is being planned and to ensure that the operational requirements are possible.
- Incidents processing
- Investigations as part of a problem processing
- Coordinate implementation of new firmware (carried out by the suppliers)
- Plan and install patch bundles
- Plan and perform installation of new OS releases
- Provide other directorates/units with advice
- Actively participate in projects
- Participate in technical meetings with other directorates/units of the Service
- Tool development to facilitate their work and possible sharing of these tools with other directorates/units
- Incident processing and problem analysis follow-up through the ticketing tool
- Cluster integration of a new application components
- Continually improve hosting standards and implement proposed solutions
- Organization of presentations and/or trainings if new technologies are to be employed
Please note that the job includes On-Call services