We are currently looking for several : Application Support Engineers (M/F)
You will provide support to applications and projects within IT Services environment.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing) with our infrastructure provider
- Implement, integrate and support third party software as well as internally developed applications within the IT Services
- Support the environments and solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers
- Analyze problems and resolve issues and will perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of performance of in-house IT applications as well as third party software whilst ensuring maximum availability and service to customers
- Ensure the integrity of the production environment and will implement upgrades or new products that are critical for the daily operational business
- Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Equivalent to the completion of at least 2 years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of enterprise server and desktop operating systems, applications and scripting such as:
- Linux, AIX, Microsoft Windows
- Oracle, SQL
- WebSphere Application Server
- Kornshell, VBScript
- A minimal 3 years experience supporting Linux-based applications is required.
- Knowledge on a Scheduler tool such as Tivoli Workload Scheduler is considered as an advantage as well for Powershell and/or PL/S
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus & effective time management
- Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues as well as ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution
- Willingness to work weekends as required