The Role & Key Responsibilities
You will be reporting into the IT Operations Manager in Luxembourg and will manage all databases in Luxembourg and ensure systems are monitored. As a DBA & Data Engineer, you will support the local databases and take part in projects, covering all aspects of data management.
- Be accountable for all aspects of the daily administration of all local databases, including set-, etc.;
- Represent all data management aspects in projects, BAU, and troubleshooting;
- Ensure are adhered to for databases;
- Work together with the local IT Team to identify IT solutions to support business growth;
- Plan and schedule project activities using appropriate tools;
- Support with internal and external audits and take ownership of any remediation actions (for databases data in general;
- Perform problem management and manage process on problems through to resolution;
- Developing technical standards and optimisation for related services;
- Perform patching where and when needed;
- Perform out-of-hours support services for the business;
- Ensure compliance with APEX standards including data protection, compliance and information security.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or IT related apprenticeship;
- Several years of operations and project management experience;
- DBA certification;
- Knowledge of System administration is an advantage;
- Strong analytical and decision- making skills as well as a structured way of working
- Good working understanding of the CSSF regulations and circulars, and how they are applied to technology standards and controls;
- Excellent reporting & communication skills;
- Ability to converse with both technical & business teams;
- Experience of troubleshooting and technical support;
- Certified in ITIL and other control frameworks such as COBIT would be an advantage;
- Knowledge in Information security and certifications such as CISM would be an advantage;
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbally, German language skills are an advantage
What you will get in return
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- The ability to define marketing processes to drive innovation and have a tangible impact on the business
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, Agile and global marketing team.
- The opportunity to innovate, bring discipline to brand activity and really make a difference.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via the apply button.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.