Halian - IT Operator
Unbefristeter Vertrag, Freelance, Befristete Dauer
> 2 Jahre Erfahrung
The IT system Operator monitors and controls the operation of the systems (Unix, Windows, Storage and Backup). The IT system Operator starts and stops system tasks, monitors system and monitoring consoles for unusual conditions, and works with the Level 2 teams to ensure the health and normal operation of the systems.
The key accountabilities for this role are
- Technical aptitude to triage technical issues.
- Incidents resolution and problems identification
- Implements standard changes and service requests
- Comfortable with basic aspects of administration of Microsoft Server (2012/2016), and Linux (RHEL 6/7/8) operating systems.
- Daily interaction with customer and multiple data center staff.
- Ability to work in shifts.
- Ability to open and facility trouble calls, outages and drive issues to resolution
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues with SLA requirements.
- History of documenting and publishing procedures to improve operational effectiveness
Ideal candidate (Essential Skills & Technologies)
- 3+ years' experience in a Data Center
- 3+ years help desk/service desk experience
- 3+ years working with Windows Servers
- Comfortable with basic aspects of administration of systems
- Understanding of monitoring event management
- Experience as a user of SCOM or other data center monitoring tool
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of the ITIL process.
- Ability to write scripts (e.g. Perl, Python, PowerShell, Visual Basic,...)
- Infrastructure monitoring, availability testing and reporting is considered an advantage
- Ability to perform service and server restarts, perform patching, and troubleshooting in the Microsoft or Linux Server domain
As an international IT services company, Halian have worked hard for 20 years to understand the issues that keep our customers awake at night and to create the answers that make their lives a little easier.
Vollständige Unternehmensbeschreibung anzeigen
Our mission - the goal that's shared by everybody at every level - is “to deliver the best people and technology services in order to help Halian's customers do more; faster, better, and more cost-effectively than ever before."
We're able to do things differently because we think and act differently - the Halian Way is based on rapid service and speedy results, and at its heart lie five key values:
Partnership, Respect, Intelligence, Dedication, and Energy.
Halian has offices in the UK, Luxembourg, Dubai, and Qatar, and have more than 500 employees all over EMEA. We work with some of the world's most ambitious and dynamic organisations, such as Public and European Institutions, Finance, Oil and Gas, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and partner with industry leading hardware and software vendors. When you join Halian, you will help integrate one of our three service lines: Managed Services, Resourcing Services, or Project Services. You are able to deal with a variety of technologies in critical environments, and make a positive contribution to our customers business. In return, Halian will support the development of your career via different programmes already in place. Halian has built a strategy based on confidence with its customers and partners, and it's these strong links that allow Halian to provide you with job offers not often available on the open job market. Each role is a new challenge to take on!