The IT Operator will perform tasks and functions, including but not limited to:
- Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance, updating monitoring tools:
- Monitoring of applications and infrastructure events thanks to several monitoring tools (mainly: Nagios);
- Monitoring jobs (Tool: autosys) in accordance with predefined procedures;
- Understand, analyse and dispatch alerts reported by the monitoring tools by raising incidents and escalating to relevant parties as necessary, taking remedial steps as predefined in procedures if required.
- Execution of service requests based on predefined procedures;
- Enter commands, using computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment;
- Daily tasks / checks according to a specific schedule;
- Files/mails/folders restores: Type command on keyboard to transfer encoded data from memory unit to magnetic tape and assist in managing tapes (inject/eject tapes in the robot);
- Providing first level Service Desk services after Service Desk hours;
- End of month and yearly operations (coordination and execution of jobs asked by different financial and IT teams)
- Create and update documentation
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Attention to Detail: Accuracy counts in Operator jobs. You must be able to concentrate and be precise in your work.
- Hand-eye Coordination: Precision is key in this job. Having a steady hand is an absolute must for Operator jobs.
- You are reliable, well organized, and stress resistant
- Understanding of production procedures and environment
- ITIL best practices knowledge: Change Management process, Incident Management (escalation process), Knowledge Database Management (Procedures, technical documentation), Configuration Management Database
- Mandatory: You have built up job experience in a help desk or similar operations environment