Halian is looking for an “Senior Program Manager” required in order to work for an EU Institution in Luxembourg.
About the role
- Define new services and technology/architectural vision for critical aspects of the program
- Provide the guidance on development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Lead teams through transition from ideation to execution
- Define projects; requirements gathering, write detailed functional and test specifications, coordinate efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets
- Collaborate with development teams to build and launch new services, features and programs
- Work closely with engineers, QA, service owner and other teams to get high-quality solutions and features through the project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead program setting priorities for releases and solutions.
- Lead the project team through each phase of the program
- 10+ years' experience in a technical project or program management role
- Understanding of SDLC and modern development with services
- Solid exposure delivering programs to an Agile methodology (Scrum)
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service end to end
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain roadmaps, setting appropriate expectations and insuring services meet high operational excellence standards
- A demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically on the direction of cloud-based solutions and make recommendations with fact based discussions and presentations.
- Experience and ability to understand multiple technologies and how they interact for the benefit of customers, delivered in a Cloud environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills are a must
- Judgement, maturity, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills and leadership skills
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working on large cloud DataCenter development and deployment with ambitious timelines and/or constrained resources.
- Comfortable defining and executing complex program with intimate understanding of dependencies, critical paths, key and critical landmarks, and results.
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
- Service Design/Architecture experience.
- Service Implementation background.
- Service Management Tool Design & Specification experience.
- Experience managing cloud development projects
- Experience in enterprise cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Etc.)
- Data-driven; strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Relevant domain experience within either core infrastructure & ideally Virtualization and software defined infrastructure
If you are interested in this or similar opportunities, please send a detailed CV as soon as possible
Start Date: ASAP
Legal statement: Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this position.