Sybase DBA - Minimum 7 years of expertise
- 670 Sybase databases under 93 servers (55 ASE, 38 IQ)
- 205 Oracle servers and each server hosts only one instance,
- 108 MS SQL servers and
- 37 MySQL servers.
- You will be joining of a DBA team + the Team Leader.
- The DBA profile compromises the following activities and responsibilities based on ITIL best practices:
- Work as required on the evolution, design, implementation, management, administration and support of the customer's Sybase infrastructure along with coordination of transversal IT projects
- Participate in problem, change, release, configuration and capacity management
- Coordinate major deployments in database server areas such as upgrades to new versions, yearly patching campaigns, etc...
- Troubleshoot incidents and provide second and third level support for the database servers built on physical and VMware virtual environments and architectures.
- Technical documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Carry out initiatives to follow-up and evaluate emerging technologies
- Required Skills:
- SAP/Sybase ASE ybase instances on VMware environment
- Good Knowledge of:
- Oracle 11g, 12C for Unix/Linux
- MySQL 5.X Community and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016 on Windows platform
- Scripting skills (Unix Shells for Oracle/MySQL, SAP/Sybase)
- Personal skills:
- Professional IT certifications related to Database Administration, management and support, ITIL foundation (minimum), interpersonal skills, active listening and customer care
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change quickly
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Autonomous and capabilities of self-organisation
- Fluent in French and English
If you are interested in this or similar opportunities, please send a detailed CV as soon as possiblevia the button below.