Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) - Experienced Software Engineer IN Environmental Database Management
2 bis 10 Jahre Erfahrung
Master (5+ Jahre)
What you will be doing
- Design and implementation of interoperable environmental database systems in accordance with end user's information needs
- Software development with Java, possibly also in the development of Web applications
- Design, code, tests and documentation of all new or modified applications
- Close collaboration with engineers & researchers to ensure that data quality and automation functions meet project requirements
- Troubleshooting, integration tools, systems, and software; performance optimization of applications
- Programming support for ERIN researchers
Which profile we are looking for
- MSc in computer science, database management, software engineering or related field
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in Java/ JEE development is mandatory
- A strong understanding and knowledge of Python and PostgreSQL
- Good software development practices and experience with GIT, code reviews, test driven development, clear code documentation
- Knowledge and experience with GEO-spatial data handling is desirable (e.g., GIS)
- Experience working with C/C++ (would be an asset)
- Proficiency in English
- French, German and/or Luxembourgish is an asset
Your work environment
Vollständige Unternehmensbeschreibung anzeigen
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You will be part of the LIST Environmental Research and Innovation department
The Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) department, made up of 200 life science, environmental science and information technology researchers and engineers, provides the interdisciplinary knowledge, expertise and technologies to lead solutions including the major environmental challenges facing society, such as climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, efficient use of renewable resources, and environmental pollution prevention and control.
The department relies on two cutting-edge platforms, the Biotechnologies and Environmental Analytics Platform and the Observatory for the Climate and the Environment, and the GreenTech Innovation Centre (GTIC): a one-stop-shop for the complete development of bio-based products and processes.
The successful candidate will join ERIN's Observatory for Climate, Environment & Biodiversity Platform (OCEB). More specifically, She /He will be part of OCEB's Hydro-climatological Observation and Sensing Technology (HOST) pole.
We are looking for a talented, creative, and enthusiastic individual with a strong background in programming and database management as well as a technical mindset to provide quantitative support and problem-solving aptitudes. And importantly, be passionate and motivated to work in the environmental and climate change related research work.