Due to several projects with our client, a prestigious financial institution in Luxembourg, we are searching for our future Senior Project Manager (m/f).
Your main activities
The function of “project management” is therefore mainly oriented towards the coordination and support of delivery activities within the different domains and does not include resource management aspects of the technical resources. The main activities are described below, grouped per phase, and are generally applicable, i.e. to smaller as well as to the more complex project:
- Scoping of the project together with the Solution Architect.
- Determine and consolidate :
- All required activities to achieve the project objectives;
- Delivery constraints;
- Project dependencies;
- Delivery risks;
- Resource requirements;
- Project estimates (resources and infrastructure);
- Budget requirements;
- Timings and other elements into a coherent planning.
- Mobilization of the resource teams (with commitments on resource availabilities).
- Set up and use of the necessary communication channels, with internal project stakeholders, with the clients, technical teams and other project teams.
- Manage the project within scope, budget, quality and timing.
- Coordination of the project activities across the technical teams.
- Tracking and communication of project progress, project risks etc.
- Management reporting and client reporting. o Project book-keeping (booking of actuals, review of Etc, KPI's, etc.)
- Appropriate transfers to and acceptance of the deliverables by the operational teams.
- Ensure all information sources / deliverables will be ready for Bau (e.g. updates of CMDB, service catalogues, SLA's, DR info, etc.).
- Obtain formal sponsor acceptance for the official closure of the project.
- You have ideally between minimum 5 to 7 years of experience with management of IT infrastructure projects or initiatives as a Program or Project Manager or equivalent function. Minimal 2 to 3 years of experience with delivery of mid to large size IT infrastructure projects of medium to high complexity.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (oral and written).
- You have excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- You have good technical knowledge of various IT domains such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Mainframe, Middleware, Storage, Telecom, Security, etc.
- You have strong-client and service-oriented mindset.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Project Management practices and methodologies (e.g. PMBOK or Prince2), planning tools, etc. with relevant certificates and accreditations (or equivalent knowledge and experience).
- You understand the objectives related to the project from a cost, schedule, technical and quality perspective. Individual is able to make project trade-offs in complex and / or politically sensitive situations.
- You have excellent proven soft skills (team building, motivation, communication, influencing, negotiation, trust building, conflict management, coaching, leadership, decision-making, etc).
- You are flexible to travel, if and as required.
* Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this opportunity. *