For an opportunity in the financial sector for one of our Luxembourg customers, we are currently looking for a Senior SQL Server and Sybase Database Administrator (m/f)
- System administration of Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase platforms.
- You are responsible to Perform database installation and configuration, tuning, capacity planning, health checks, backups/recovery and change management .
- Follow-up of incidents, problems, changes related to this platform. Troubleshoots issues with database instances and eliminates root causes through systematic problem management practices.
- First and second level support.
- Assist in maintaining and improving and innovation
Scrupulous follow-up of the rules and the respect for quality, KPI, security baselines and system policies.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Certified Microsoft SQL Server (2005/2008/2012) / Sybase (15.x/16.x) or equivalent on experience.
- Strong knowledge of security / auditing management.
- Other RDBMS (Oracle , DB2...) knowledge considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years in the Database domain specially as DBA..
- You are a strong communicator and good team player. You talk and write fluently French and English.
- You are familiar with ITIL and IT Service management (roles and processes)
- You are flexible
- You demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, perseverance, patience and flexibility and being goal oriented with keen attention to detail.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working with a variety of people.
- A desire to exceed project, client and CO-worker expectations
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
* Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this opportunity. *