Purpose Of Role & Employing Entity Description
Rakuten Europe Bank Sa is now looking for a Full-time Infrastructure Engineer to support the IT department. The Infrastructure Engineer reports to the IT Lead Operations / Site Reliability Engineer in a solid line. The Infrastructure Engineer is in charge of the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems Hardware and software and related infrastructure (including the Network). Moreover, the Infrastructure Engineer manages the SLA of the different third parties and looks continually for innovation within the infrastructure.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Ensure the administration of systems & Network including system stability, integrity, and troubleshooting.
- Perform Hardware and software upgrades on different systems & networks including operating systems and applications.
- Identify and address any affected Network devices and maintain an updated status in response to newly identified security threats including Anti-Virus and Firewall updates.
- Deploy desktops and laptops to employees including software and Hardware upgrade planning and the general execution of desktop and laptop deployments.
- Provide documentation of Network systems, operational procedures, Network topology and Hardware inventory.
- Participate to the day-to-day operations by ensuring the operational excellence
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications Required For The Role
- Master degree in Computer Science with 2-4 years' experience in Network & System Administration
- Fluent English skills mandatory (working language)
- Willingness to work with new technologies and readiness to leave the personal comfort zone behind
- Ability to perform typical advanced server and Network administration skills to include upgrades and maintenance of Hardware, classic Network protocols
- Familiarity with VMware virtualized infrastructure (vSphere) and interest in distributed & hyper converged systems
- Experience in Unix and Windows based environments
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools (Ansible, Docker, etc...)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Bash, Python, PowerShell etc...)
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to organize time, work on multiple tasks and follow through to completion of task or project.
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- We also appreciate a good sense of humour!
What We Offer
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to learn how to build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- A friendly environment where teamwork matters and were we enjoy each other's company in and outside work (e.g. Happy Friday Drinks, Pizza Lunch, Bowling evenings...)