Rakuten, Inc. (Tse: 4755) is a global leader in internet services that empower individuals, communities, businesses and society. Founded in Tokyo in 1997 as an online marketplace, Rakuten has expanded to offer services in e-commerce, fintech, digital content and communications to more than 1 billion members around the world. Since 2012, Rakuten has ranked in the top 30 of Forbes Magazine's annual “World's Most Innovative Companies” LIST. The Rakuten Group has over 14,000 employees, and operations in 29 countries and regions.
Our mission is to empower people and society through innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our goal is to be Global Innovation Company. We believe in innovation as a driver of global change - enriching the lives of people around the globe and bringing joy to the everyday.
We embrace new and disruptive ideas, the commitment to act on them and the venture spirit that believes in our potential to change the world. That's why we were selected by Forbes magazine to be in the Top 20 of World's Most Innovative Companies in four consecutive years!
This is where you come in: Rakuten is built on a philosophy of empowerment where everyone has the chance to make an impact. We believe in taking on new challenges and driving innovation. Together, we get ahead through success and learn from failure. In the end, truly empowered people produce amazing results. No matter your area of interest, we need your spirit, energy and drive to push us further and help unlock our potential.
Employing Entity Description
Launched in January 2016, Rakuten Europe Bank continues the diversification of Rakuten in Europe and provides financial services to its members. Rakuten Europe Bank S.A. is a fully licensed credit institution established in Luxembourg and supervised by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
Purpose Of Role
- The Data Governance and BI Manager acts as a data architect.
- Data creation, Storage, management, extraction, visualization, and decision management are all integral parts of the data life cycle that he/she needs to understand quite well.
- The Data Governance and BI Manager uses data to support and tell the desired business story and deliver results on a timely manner.
- This role requires to be organized and strategic to handle multiple projects and responsibilities at once.
- A successful communicator will allow the Data Governance and BI Manager to work effectively across multiple operational team within Rakuten Europe Bank and serve as a link to bridge communication gaps in end to end business processes between IT members and business users.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create visual stories from data that helps process owners
- Work closely with operational teams to develop metrics and visualizations that will highlight inefficiencies, transaction volumes, and track process improvement initiatives
- Identify undeveloped data and extract insights that will help guide business decisions
- Partner with business process experts and owners to build BI and leading indicators of operational benchmarks
- Deliver ad hoc business data analyses and dashboards in Tableau, Excel, and MS SQL
- Work with various corporate stakeholders and the Business Intelligence community to understand data integrity and differences across systems
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications Required For The Role
- Master degree in IT or Engineering is required with a minimum of 5 years' equivalent experience, ideally with a finance background
- English is mandatory. Any other EU language and/or Japanese is an advantage.
- Experience with data analytics software like R, SPSS, Python, Matlab or similar statistics tools.
- Experience with commercial and emerging reporting tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau).
- Advanced Excel power user (SQL, Dax, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power BI)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging project, exposure to “big data” technologies a plus.
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
- Ability to deal with fast pace environment along with flexibility to with change
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
What We Offer
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- A friendly environment where teamwork matters and were we enjoy each other's company in and outside work (e.g. Happy Friday Drinks, Pizza Lunch, Laser Tag or Bowling evenings, and, and, and...)
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that aims to empower society and become the World's best, join the company where YOU shape the future. Come and work with us!