Full Stack Java Developer (m/f) - (Traineeship possible)
Rakuten, Inc. (Tse: 4755) is a global leader in internet services that empower individuals, communities, businesses and society. Founded in Tokyo in 1997 as an online marketplace, Rakuten has expanded to offer services in e-commerce, fintech, digital content and communications to more than 1 billion members around the world. Since 2012, Rakuten has ranked in the top 30 of Forbes Magazine's annual “World's Most Innovative Companies” LIST. The Rakuten Group has over 14,000 employees, and operations in 29 countries and regions.
Our mission is to empower people and society through innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our goal is to be Global Innovation Company. We believe in innovation as a driver of global change - enriching the lives of people around the globe and bringing joy to the everyday.
We embrace new and disruptive ideas, the commitment to act on them and the venture spirit that believes in our potential to change the world. That's why we were selected by Forbes magazine to be in the Top 20 of World's Most Innovative Companies in four consecutive years!
This is where you come in: Rakuten is built on a philosophy of empowerment where everyone has the chance to make an impact. We believe in taking on new challenges and driving innovation. Together, we get ahead through success and learn from failure. In the end, truly empowered people produce amazing results. No matter your area of interest, we need your spirit, energy and drive to push us further and help unlock our potential.
Launched in January 2016, Rakuten Europe Bank continues the diversification of Rakuten in Europe and provides financial services to its members. Rakuten Europe Bank S.A. is a fully licensed credit institution established in Luxembourg and supervised by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
Purpose Of Role
- The full stack Java developer trainee provides creative solutions to meet the growing business needs of Rakuten Europe Bank. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Swift, iOS, Android, and MS-SQL to learning machines, and Ias.
- As a member of the technical team, the full stack Java developer trainee plays a critical role in shaping new systems design and implementing the solution.
- The full stack Java developer trainee works closely with project managers and external vendors to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Candidates should have a strong software engineering background with current hands-on design and development experience in building mission critical applications on Java, OSX, iOS, Android or web platforms.
Responsibilities & Duties
- In-depth understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- History of successful product delivery
- Enthusiasm for quality and attention to detail
- Experience with full stack Java development with an emphasis on using Spring Frameworks and ORM
- Ability or develop REST and micro-services APIs
- Strong relational database skills, preferably Oracle
- Experience building web-based applications and services using web tools and technologies
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications Required For The Role
- English is mandatory.
- Master degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
What We Offer
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- A friendly environment where teamwork matters and were we enjoy each other's company in and outside work (e.g. Happy Friday Drinks, Pizza Lunch, Laser Tag or Bowling evenings, and, and, and...)
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that aims to empower society and become the World's best, join the company where YOU shape the future. Come and work with us!