You will manage the EMEA/AP IT Service Desk, part of the Global SES IT Service Desk, providing first level Service and Support for all office IT systems and applications deployed within SES. You will ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded, that the staff are meeting or exceeding expectations in regards to performance, defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
- Manage and supervise the EMEA/AP Service Desk incidents, requests and problems
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents and communicate appropriately internally and to customers
- Ensure the regional Service Desk staff is integrated in the Global team and follows Ses standards and processes (COBIT, ITIL, Security and other IT related)
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk specialists including career development
- Manage the provision, asset management and lifecycle support for all end User computing Hardware
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to Global IT Service Desk management and other IT departments, AD-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed
- Ensure automated deployment of software as requested and approved by the business
- Ensure the Service Desk infrastructure management
- Oversee Solutions repository (knowledge base) and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff
- Participate in the development of Service Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance
- Project Management (from Budget setup via Procurement control to Handover and Documentation) for the implementation of any required project
- Master or Bachelor degree in computer science or similar
- Minimum 5 years' experience in managing an international Service Desk team
- Experience in a follow the SUN support approach is an asset
- Excellent ITSM knowledge (ITIL certification)
- Experience in deploying industry process standards such as ITIL and COBIT
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Experience in managing teams in remote locations
- Self-motivated and able to deal well with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities
- Fluency in written and spoken English, any other language being an asset
- Thorough understanding of operational principles
- Sound technical understanding of the IT landscape and related technical skills
- Proven people management skills
- High level project management skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of Ses worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer