We are launching a new challenge: to find a driven and talented VMware System Administrator!
By becoming part of the team of our Infrastructure/Cloud department within Sogeti, you will be involved within a multicultural environment in which you will be able to improve your skills by sharing technical knowledge with your future colleagues, on various platforms.
You will be responsible for the design, planning, implementation, and support for the VMware environment. The SysAdmin will serve as a technical expert in the area of VMware administration and monitoring.
- To Administrate, install, configure and maintain VMware Infrastructure and related software to ensure stable performance of the computing environment;
- To evaluate system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for Hardware/software compatibilities;
- To recognize and troubleshoot VMware Infrastructure problems;
- To research, analyse and recommend backup/security strategies as required;
- To perform installations of VMware Infrastructures;
- To collaborate with IT staff in planning and project management as they relate to the system and server environment to ensure timely completion and delivery of IT services and solutions.
And in terms of technical know-how?
- Deep knowledge in VMware products (Horizon, vRealize, vSphere, NSX Cloud);
- Expert in maintaining server environments including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades;
- Expert in establish and maintain documented procedures for system and service administration;
- Network devices (servers, routers, Firewalls) and Network administrator tools (Winscp, PuTTY, WireShark) are an asset.
To succeed in your mission you need
- To be strongly result & service oriented individual;
- To be able to work independently as well as being a real team player;
- To be open-minded with desire to learn and develop yourself on a both challenging and emerging environment working environment;
- To have a good command in English - French is real asset.
But above all, the desire to invest yourself in the life and the working atmosphere of a team!
3+ years university degree in IT and at least 5 years of professional experience; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.