Sword Group is an international Consulting, Service and Software Company driving global leaders in their digital & technology transformation. Created in November 2000, the group has a current headcount of 1,600+ associates operating in more than 50 countries.
Sword Luxembourg has a current headcount of 100 associates. We are mainly working with the European Institutions and prestigious companies in the private sector on long-term projects.
We really try to keep a positive atmosphere allowing our associates to share more than work. For our Director, the goal is to create a bound between the co-workers, thanks to corporate events, a nice working atmosphere and good communication.
We have 4 specializations: Business Intelligence, Enterprise Content Management, Geolocation Systems and Specialized Development (.NET and Java).
Java Software Engineer/Architect
Kirchberg - Luxembourg
Provide assistance to the European Institution in optimizing the content management architecture (Liferay) as well as the development, implementation and corrective/evolutionary maintenance of different IT modules (Java and Oracle) linked to the European Institution dissemination chain.
The nature of the task is linked to the Liferay content management, Java and Oracle technology of the dissemination platform and its reference databases. It consists in:
- Analyzing technical issues when content is uploaded automatically to the website via satellite applications, proposing and implementing an adapted content architecture;
- Assisting content providers facing technical issues;
- Identifying ways to improve the content management architecture and the related content procedures;
- Definition and integration of technological components;
- Integration with other applications;
- Writing /maintenance of applications that reflect the specifications;
- Production of technical documentation in English;
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of systems;
- Execution of test programs;
- Frequent coordination tasks with the Data Centre responsible for hosting the dissemination infrastructure;
- Participating in meetings with other Commission services.
- You have minimum 18 years of experience combining your professional experience and studies.
- You have minimum 9 years of experience in Java Development.
- You have minimum 4 years of experience in Java Architecture.
- You have a strong knowledge on those technologies:
- Oracle Database
If this opportunity speaks to you or if you know someone who would be interested in this opportunity, then don't hesitate to contact me for further information or to apply for this vacancy.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks and we guarantee the confidentiality of your application.