Environment and activities:
The FO sub-team is composed of junior technical administrators supervised by one or more senior technical administrators. The Service Desk, following the explicit skill matrix, directly assigns the incidents and standard requests to the most appropriate profile. The senior profiles are the first level of escalation as they are helping the junior staff to respect the incident resolution and standard implementation time set in the SLA. In case of sick leave or scheduled absence the status of the incident or the request is not lost, rather the ticket is assigned to another support engineer. In case of lack of competencies the senior supervisor escalates the issue to the BO sub-team. The team leader manages the weekly team meeting during which the incident and request backlogs are reviewed.
All activities, apart from the one initiated by the UNIX service itself (maintenance of internal tools, scheduled OS upgrades), come from either the Service Desk or the Project Managers by means of the Service Management Tool (SMT).
The UNIX module organisation follows the common structure:
- Front-office (FO) sub-team with as main activities: incidents resolution, standard requests implementation, infrastructure monitoring.
- Back-office (BO) sub-team with as main activities: problem management, complex changes implementation being part of a project.
The FO team members participate to on-call services, allowing the information to be transmitted the following day.
He/she ensure the basic operations activities and become the backup of the seniors.
The BO sub-team is composed of senior technical administrators. Their technical proficiency allows them to work on complex changes or very specific tasks. They identify Problems and propose ways of solving them during Problem review meetings. The senior administrators propose Standard Operational Procedures.
Good knowledge in several of the following tools is required:
- Linux (Redhat)
- Scripting (Perl, Python)
- You have at least 6 years of experience in Unix, Linux and/or Solaris domain within a large environment;
- You have ideally an Architect experience on small projects.
- You are ITIL certified. Prince2 is an asset.
- You were ideally a senior technical administrator who have strong communication soft skills
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- You are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus;
- You are willing to travel in order to attend industry events and customer meetings.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the IT sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise.
We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits