You will provide support to applications and projects within IT Services environment and will ensure that maximum service level is provided to customers on a 24-hour basis.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing...) with our infrastructure provider
- Implement, integrate and support third party software as well as internally developed applications within the IT Services
- Support the production environment 24/7 and will solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers on a 24-hour basis
- Analyze problems and resolve issues and will perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of performance of in-house IT applications as well as third party software whilst ensuring maximum availability and service to customers
- Ensure the integrity of the production environment and will implement upgrades or new products that are critical for the daily operational business
- Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Mathematics or specialized training/certification;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
- Experience and knowledge in Business Intelligence concepts and principle (Data warehousing, Datamarts, ETL, BI analysis, Big Data,...);
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing environment preferred;
- Required hands-on knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Business Object, Cognos, Qlikview, SAS, Dataiku);
- Experience and knowledge in database administration (Oracle DB, Exadata, Microsoft SQL);
- Experience in modeling methods (Merise and UML);
- Experience in Unix (Linux Rhel and IBM AIX) and Shell scripting (Korn Shell, Python, VB script);
- Functional and application architecture sensitivity;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Effective time management
- Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution
- Willingness to work weekends as required