You will provide support to applications and projects within IT Services environment and will ensure that maximum service level is provided to customers on a 24-hour basis .
Principal duties and responsibilities :
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members (Architects, Developers, Functional Analysts, ..) to enhance products and services
- Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing...) with our infrastructure provider
- Implement, integrate and support third party software as well as internally developed applications within the IT Services
- Support the production environment 24/7 and solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers on a 24-hour basis
- Analyze problems and resolve issues and perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of performance of in-house IT applications as well as third party software whilst ensuring maximum availability and service to customers
- Ensure the integrity of the production environment and implement upgrades or new products that are critical for the daily operational business
- Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Equivalent to the completion of at least 2 years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise server and desktop operating systems, applications and scripting such as
- Relevant Operating Systems: Ubuntu / Debian, CentOS / Rhel, Windows Server, AIX
- Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDb, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Tools : Pycharm, Eclipse, Jenkins, GIT, Subversion, Docker, JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy
- Frameworks / Concepts : Spring, Rest, containers, SOAP, XML, Flask, Django, Unit Tests, Integration Tests
- WebSphere Application Server
- HTTP Server : Ihs, Nginx
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Effective time management
- Ability to learn quickly and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution
- Willingness to work weekends as required