The DBA Dev. team consists of 3 people on site (internal and service providers).
The team is responsible for managing physical data models and databases performance, planning and performing (in Dev/Test environement) migration of legacy Oracle database, and also maintaining and developing database tooling.
The main technologies used are Linux and Oracle based (Exadata, APEX, Dataguard, Multitenant ...).
- Help team on conduction database migration from Legacy systems (AIX, 11.5) to new database environments (Exadata, 12.1/2, Multitenant).
- Ensure design, tuning, performance, support and advice on Oracle databases of in-house applications and packages.
- You will have to:
- Provide, in the context of massive database migration plan, the documentation, support and instructions for database migration,
- Provide technical support on migrations to application development teams and production teams, both on internal developments and packages,
- Create and maintain documentation related to design and security rules & standards (naming convention, privileges setup, etc..)
- Implement and enforce security rules for all of the Oracle Databases,
- Perform proactive SQL and database tuning, be able to React to issues,
- Participate to the logical / physical design of databases with developers,
- Troubleshoot problems related to databases, applications and development tools,
- Review physical design and SQL code frequently to ensure the standards are well respected,
- Interface with internal DBA Ops. team responsible of the database administration,
- You are bachelor or master degree in computer science, or equivalent experience,
- You respect your commitments with high quality deliverables,
- You are creative, take initiatives always in the respect of team working and company,
- You are fluent in both written and spoken French, and a very good level in English.
- IT background:
- You have several years of experience in databases management,
- You have technical skills and relevant experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Oracle RDBMS administration on Unix / Linux systems,
- Oracle database migrations in different environments (Linux, AIX),
- Database support in mission critical environments,
- Physical design and SQL tuning,
- Oracle 11g, 12c, PL/SQL, EM Grid Control,
- Unix/Linux Shell scripting skills;
- Additional skills in the following areas will be of advantage : Exadata, Dataguard, Partitioning, Multitenant, APEX.
- Culture and knowledge of Development with Oracle Database would be an asset.
- Bank knowledge: A general knowledge of the banking industry will be an advantage.
- Personal skills:
- Good communication and analytical skills,
- Willing to learn and teach team members
- Team working.
Location : Luxembourg
Starting date : ASAP