The project consists of
- Network Infrastructure:
- The connections between these buildings as WAN (MPLS technology)
- The interconnection with other providers with dynamic routing and VPN.
- Security and Internet Infrastructure:
- The security perimeter consists in a multi-layer infrastructure of Firewalls and VPN of different vendors.
- The incoming and outgoing accesses with the external world pass through dedicated appliances working as proxies and reverse proxies.
- DNS infrastructure and authentication servers are part of our domain of competences.
A team of 40 people is working permanently on-site (Luxembourg and Brussel).
The Support Engineer will be in charge of the monitoring, request fulfilment and incident management of the Network and Security Infrastructure
Detailed activities include
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical Hardware and software issues research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Education : Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent experience
- General understanding of Internet technologies: DNS, HTTP, SSL, IPsec, TCP, UDP, IP.
- General understanding of Security Technologies, for example :
- Firewalls: CheckPoint, FortiNet and Juniper Firewalls
- Proxy/ reverse proxy: Bluecoat
- DNS: Bind
- Remote Access : Pulsecure
- Load-Balacing : F5
- Network principle (Switching/routing), for example :
- Switching: ACI, Cisco Vss and stacking technologies ...
- Routing: Cisco, (Mp-)BGP, ISIS, multicast
- WiFi Cisco: Wism, Captive portal, Access Point
- Customer and Quality focus
- Sense for pro-activity
- Ability to understand complex technical situations
- Ability to provide recommendations
- Experience in delivering in a production environment is considered as an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication (French and English).
Location and Timing issues
- Provision of the above mentioned services basically in Luxembourg, with a possibility to work in Brussels about 1 day per month.
- Business hours: 7h-19h => being able to regularly start at 7am and being able to regularly end at 7pm