The Team Lead Data Center IT Technician is responsible to ensure the stable operation of the Information Technology infrastructure, including network & server Hardware installation.
This position also supports and maintains the inter DC logistics for IT equipment. This includes patching, labelling, testing of cables, lift and shift of Hardware, device installation.
In his role, the Team Lead Data Center IT Technician will lead a team of 3 DataCenter IT Technicians providing supervision, he must be able to accurately prioritize tasks and work with limited direction or assistance.
- Acting as team lead, managing and providing guidance to the team as appropriate
- Manage team planning, prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Making sure that service requests are handled within the defined SLA.
- Interact with leadership, peers and customers and 3rd parties
- Identify and escalate problems
- Participate in projects, Build technical documentation, policies, and operating procedures
- Own, identify, diagnose ?and manage issues to resolution
- Installation planning and co-ordination
- Activity report management including Incident/Request/Problem follow-up and escalation management including monitoring and reporting of the SLAs
- Participate in shifts (early shift starts at 7h, late shift ends at 19h) and on-call
Skills and Experience
- 5 years' experience working in production Data Centre with IT Hardware (Tier 1), Data Centre patching and Data Centre specific tools
- Advanced knowledge of Data Centre computer room infrastructure
- Fundamental working knowledge of Data Centre cabling standards and best practices (Fibre, copper,..), e.g. EIA/TIA
- Ability to accurately perform cable testing and certification (Fibre and copper)
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including safely bending, squatting, stretching, lifting and handling DC equipment on a regular basis.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desktop applications
- Highly motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented individual
- Ability and willingness to acquire new and evolving job-related skills
- Strong oral and written communications
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- ITIL Professional Certification is considered as an asset
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP networking is considered as an asset