One of our key customers offers a permanent position as SQL Server Database Administrator. It will be based in Luxembourg. Our client offers a very dynamic & interesting working environment. The IT department is highly dedicated to deliver the best level of service.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security;
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document changes;
- Configure and maintain specialized monitoring tools;
- Establish, validate, document and secure disaster recovery processes;
- Maintain backup and recovery procedures;
- Tune performance in Production and Test environments;
- Assist testers and developers;
- Coordinate action plan between internal teams and third party providers;
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours (mainly for Production);
- Share domain and technical expertise, provide technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- You have at least 5 years of SQL Server administration experience;
- You have a good knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server;
- You have experience with backups, restores and recovery models;
- You have a good working knowledge of Windows Server, including Active Directory;
- You have experience with performance tuning and optimization;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- You are flexible and team oriented;
- You have the willingness to deliver within challenging timeframe;
- You are fluent in French and have a very good level in English (reading, writing and speaking).