Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is one of the biggest banks in the Grand Duchy and offers retail, private, corporate and institutional banking as well as treasury and financial market services. Most of BIL's 2000 employees work at the headquarters in Luxembourg city - this centralized setup promotes Swift, Agile decision-making and short reporting lines, enabling BIL to offer clients innovative solutions for their changing needs.
You will be part of:
- As a member of the transversal IT Functional Architecture Team part of the Enterprise Architecture Community, you will participate to support the transformation of the existing platform and to design and describe architecture evolutions.
- You have a deep meaning on the business definition, value and accuracy of the data.
- You make sure that all information relevant to the core bank activities as well as the business strategy is properly defined, stored, shared and transversally available, wherever the data originates from operational systems or external sources.
- The mission requires close collaboration with Functional Design and Testing teams as well as Enterprise Architects (business, technical, security, infrastructure), Business Analysts and IT Development teams to understand business needs and to be able to bring transversal solutions proposals which could support BIL Head Quarter requirements.
What will you do ?
- Participate to BIL inflow project by understanding objectives, strategy and business vision and evaluating high level impacts in BIL information systems and applications landscape
- Support functional analysis by proposing implementation scenarios in link the bank strategy, architectural principles and guidelines and by participating in decisions making
- Challenge business requirements and solutions (need-to-have versus nice-to-have) in the context of the BIL's Transformation Plan (replacement of the core banking system and development of the digital banking client's experience)
- Ensure coherence, efficiency and security of Information System
- Respect Project Portfolio Methodology and Target Operating Model by producing Architecture related documentation
- Facilitate IT solution estimates in collaboration with project managers and IT development teams
- Collaborate with Business Process team by identifying opportunities, driving changes and improvements in business architecture and processes design
- Participate to maintenance of Enterprise Architecture Referentials
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Engineering - BAC + 4/5
- Languages : English & French
- Knowledge of Data Modeling Methods
- Knowledge in architecture methodology such as TOGAF or other methodology
- Prior experience of functional architecture or analysis in IT, with a proven ability to understand business issues and to structure functional specifications
- Transversal banking knowledge : good understanding of the banking products and services
- Interest in bank regulation (Basel III, IFRS9, EMIR, SFTR, BCBS239...)
- Willing to combine business and technology
- Communication skills, both with technical and non-technical people
- Ability to clearly document business, functional and technical specifications, and to explain the added value in business terms
- Willing to learn (technologies, methods, business activities) and to develop new competencies
- Team player, with an ability to understand the problems of other businesses
- Results oriented, self-managed
- Innovative and creative
- Listening skills. Seeks to first understand others
- Enjoying sharing his/her knowledge and supporting colleagues in developing their competencies
- Concrete relational and conviction capabilities
- Capacities to organize him/herself and set priorities, manage stress
Nice To Have Requirements
- Knowledge in MEGA / HOPEX solution for Enterprise Architecture/Software Design and UML/ArchiMate modeling languages will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Temenos solutions (T24, T'A) will be an advantage
- Successful experience in a complex IT transformation project will be an advantage
- Knowledge in Business Intelligence tools architecture, concepts and management in a self-service environment will be an advantage
- Experience in Agile & Waterfall projects will be an advantage
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to take on roles in different business areas for the broadest possible experience.