Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is one of the biggest banks in the Grand Duchy and offers retail, private, corporate and instititional banking as well as treasury and financial market services. Most of BIL's 2000 employees work at the headquarters in Luxembourg city - this centralized setup promotes Swift, Agile decision-making and short reporting lines, enabling BIL to offer clients innovative solutions for their changing needs.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the definition of technical directions and architecture initiatives ensuring adherence to overall IT architectural direction defined by the Enterprise Architecture.
- Resolve complex technical issues and deliver pragmatic solution to IT Business.
- Research and evaluate software/Hardware products in collaboration with enterprise architecture and IT teams, advise management on options, risk vs. cost, benefits and other impacts on solution decisions.
- As a lead Infrastructure Architect, work in partnership with the Business, the Enterprise Architecture teams as well as the Security teams aligning technical strategies to the business strategies.
- Contribute to successful projects completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
- Work in close collaboration with our IT providers and specially their architecture teams
- Chair the technical Architecture Board
- Build flexible and responsive technology architectures.
- Establish technical standards and procedures.
- Lead the process of capacity management and be strongly involved in the technical technology roadmap.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of proposed solutions by their implementation during the setup phase of the project and ensure a smooth transition to production teams.
- Act as primary IT Infrastructure liaison with multiple teams, 3rd party vendors, IT executives and/or Project Managers.
- Lead complex group meetings (including business partners) for technical design, decision making, problem solving, implementation and strategic planning.
- Prepare and deliver presentation to business and technology partners, senior management and Executives selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience.
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate others as appropriate
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Master's degree in computer science or information systems;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
- Strong background in all infrastructure layers
- Professional with experience on large Infrastructure projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces
- Good knowledge and experience of DevOps, cloud architecture as well as IT security
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability and willingness to learn new products if needed;
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus;
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening);
- Innovative thinking and problem solving;
- Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to take on roles in different business areas for the broadest possible experience.