Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is one of the largest banks in the Grand Duchy and offers retail, private, corporate and institutional banking as well as treasury and financial market services. We are focused on Luxembourg and select international markets, and on a long-term value creation by empowered individuals and teams. Most of BIL's 2000 employees work at the headquarters in Luxembourg city: the centralized setup promotes Swift , Agile decision-making and enabling BIL to offer clients innovative solutions for their changing needs.
BIL's Program & Project Management Unit is responsible for the successful and timely delivery of strategic, bank-wide business and IT projects and studies.
The primary role of the successful candidate will be to deliver large transversal projects/programs in both Agile and Waterfall approach. He/she will ensure that the business needs are justified (strategically aligned and positive business case), that the solution delivered meets the project's objectives, is effectively and efficiently deployed within the bank and allows the realization of the set business benefits.
As a Sr Project Manager, you will share your Project Management expertise and experience with your colleagues and more junior Project Managers (mentoring).
Your principal activities
Within the responsibility of your function, you will:
- Drive the analysis of business ideas by challenging them in light of their strategic alignment and business case. Lead studies and ensure the continuity by managing the subsequent implementation projects;
- Manage the successful delivery of the entire project - in close collaboration with your sponsor, business and IT Lead - to time, budget, scope and quality and in accordance with BIL's project management methods, processes and policies;
- Define, coordinate and ensure implementation of the required communication and change management plan to ensure that the project's deliverables are integrated smoothly in the existing environment and that the business benefits of the project are achieved ;
- Pro-actively take decisions or seek approval to ensure the project/release stays on track;
- Constantly monitor and report on project/release progress/KPI's to the Project Steering Committee, Senior Management and the relevant Portfolio Governance Body.
- Provide direction and support to cross functional teams; provide guidance, training and direction to achieve projects' goals.
- 10+ years' experience working or consulting in relevant fields of expertise, largely gained in the financial services environment. Proficient in structuring, planning, monitoring of projects and taking the required actions to remediate deviationg (strong drive);
- Broad knowledge of the banking sector and/or an in-depth knowledge of one of its domains (assets, securities, payments, risk, ...) or business areas (retail, wealth, corporate). Experience with implementing regulatory projects (banking and capital markets) is an asset ;
- Proven business delivery focus (partner to the business). Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents ;
- Ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach including managing multiple deadlines and changing project scope/direction ;
- Strong soft skills and ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees and client groups to take desired action ;
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills ;
- Fluent in English (must) and French, verbally and written. Any other language will constitute an advantage ;
- Proficient with MS Office tools (MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint). Experience with Clarity™ or any another Project & Portfolio Management tool ;
- Prince II, PMP or equivalent certified.
- BIG 4 experience will be an asset
We offer you
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to take on roles in different business areas for the broadest possible experience.