The Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) is a financial supervisory system which is composed of the European Central Bank (ECB) and the participating national competent authorities of the European Union (the CSSF for Luxembourg). Its main objectives are to ensure the safety and soundness of the European banking system and to increase the financial integration and stability in Europe, and to ensure the efficiency and coherence of the prudential supervision of credit institutions.
The division « Surveillance des Systèmes d'Informations » of the department « Surveillance des systèmes d'informations et des PSF de support » wants to reinforce its « On Site Inspection » team. This team is mainly in charge of performing IT on-site inspections of credit institutions in Luxembourg or abroad in the framework of the Single Supervisory Mechanism or at the initiative of the CSSF, or of other entities supervised by the CSSF. In this context, the department wants to hire several:
Information Systems Auditors (m/f)
Ref. “PSF SU-SUSI-OSI”
Your primary responsibilities
- Performing on-site inspections (OSI) in the framework of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) of credit institutions established in Luxembourg and in Europe: as a team member, representing the CSSF, in an international audit team under the direction of the European Central Bank (ECB) or a national competent authority participating to the OSI (including potentially the CSSF);
- Performing on-site inspections initiated by the CSSF at supervised entities in Luxembourg: assuming responsibility for developing and executing IT audit work programs;
- Drafting of IT audit reports;
- Participating and engaging in the development of new or enhancement of existing audit approaches and methodologies.
Other possible responsibilities
Assisting the “off-site” team of the division “Surveillance des Systèmes d'Informations”:
- Contributing to the analysis of applications for authorization of future professionals of the financial sector concerning information technology;
- Assisting other departments of the CSSF regarding IT-related topics (opinions, outsourcing authorizations, points raised by internal or external audit, etc.).
- University degree (minimum BAC+3/Bachelor) in information systems audit, or in computer science with a specialization in finance, or in economics, finance or business management with an IT specialization;
- Proven professional experience of at least 3 years in the field of information systems auditing, preferably with an external audit firm;
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English. Good command of French and/or German. Knowledge of Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage;
- Commitment to be available for missions abroad;
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework, in particular laws, regulations and CSSF circulars relating to IT;
- Sound knowledge of audit methodologies and leading IT practices;
- CISA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent certifications are an asset;
- Interest in new technologies (Cloud computing, virtual currencies, artificial intelligence, mobile banking, etc.);
- Writing, analytical, synthesis and communication skills;
- Proactivity, flexibility and autonomy;
- Team spirit;
* * *
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l'Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l'Etat”). Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
The application file must contain:
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- A cover letter,
- A copy of the applicant's ID card,
- A copy of the applicant's diplomas (candidates who hold foreign diplomas are asked to submit proof of registration of their diplomas in the register of higher education qualifications issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research).
Application files that are incomplete or non-eligible (e.g. diplomas that do not meet the requirements or candidates with a non-EU citizenship) will not be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their application, mentioning the reference of the position, via the button below.