For one of our client, we are currently looking for a Storage Engineer in order to reinforce the team.
- You will join the service who is responsible for handling Level 2 incidents and who is also involved in handling problems in the Storage and backup area. The work of the service is entirely based on ITIL standards.
- A primary goal is to maintain NAS Storage solutions at their best. To do this, the installation of new software or firmwares must be regularly scheduled and executed.
- The service must also process supply requests in the Storage NAS area.
- The service can have as clients:
- The Service Desk;
- The incident manager if an incident is noted or detected by a monitoring tool;
- The problem manager in the case of an investigation;
- And last but not least, any of the other areas where provisioning is concerned or looking for new resources available in the service catalog.
On the basis of inputs from the capacity management process, the service may be requested to conduct studies with input from suppliers to define the extensions that could be made.
Your main tasks will be:
- Incident handling
- Study of the scope of problem-solving
- Coordinate the new firmware installation on the Storage boards
- Processing Supply Queries in the NAS Zone
- Active participation in projects
- Development of tools to facilitate their work and possible sharing of these tools with other sectors
- NAS Infrastructure Administration
- Managing Data Replication
- Managing deduplication solutions
NetApp: (V series, N series), HP (EVAs, HP 3 pieces), Hitachi (VSPs, HUS), Brocade switch (DCXs), linux, Solaris
Interested? Apply now!