Field of activity
Corporate IT of Deutsche Börse Group is in charge for end user workplace experience, voice & communication, application development and operations for all group processes such as Financial Core, Customer Care, Control & Corporate Processes, as well as Deutsche Börse Group's Reference Data Platform. We also develop and operate our Enterprise Analytics and Digital Boardroom which are the core of sharing and measuring our group's success.
Our mission is simple - Make IT Run!
We are passionate in running our existing IT landscape and exploring every day what makes Dbg as a company, and thus all of our colleagues, run better - simplify and automate processes, use modern technology and devices, and make collaboration fun. We are driven by user experience, performance, stable operations, and a high degree of Information Security and Compliance.
As part of the system engineering team within Linux Infrastructure Operations, your responsibilities will be the operation and development of the Corporate IT system landscape - physical and virtual, on premise and in the cloud.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual who will help us maintain operational stability, optimize automation and who is eager to help us move forward in adapting to new technology, approaches and methodologies (e.g. DevOps, SRE).
- Daily operation of Linux/Unix servers including troubleshooting of server issues
- Maintenance of the monitoring system
- Installation of Linux/Unix Operating System on physical and virtual servers, On-Prem and in cloud.
- System management (upgrading, patching and tuning), capacity and performance management. Installation and upgrade of third-party products
- Configuration and support of Veritas Volume Manager (disk group management, snapshots functionality, file systems creation/grow/shrink/removal, etc.) and Veritas Cluster Server (custom agents, resource dependencies and criticality, network setup, monitoring, etc.)
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on server or application level (through clustering or stand-by hosts)
- Operation includes shifts and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 2 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected)
- 3+ years of experience in System Administration in a highly critical environment
- Expertise in Red Hat Linux 7/8. (Satellite, installation, system monitoring and maintenance, backup and recovery, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and operation of cloud resources (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Proficiency in automation of installation and deployment (RedHat Satellite, Ansible, TerraForm, Docker, Jenkins, Open Shift ...)
- Expertise in Veritas Volume Manager, Cluster Server, Monitoring tools, DB administration, Network, Windows administration is a plus
- Understanding and practical experience of ITIL framework
- Willingness to take over responsibility and self-motivate
- Willingness to gain expertise on new technologies
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. German is an advantage