The Cloud Automation Architect will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions. The duties will include designing, building, and automating resilient, and secure private cloud solutions, as well as migrations of existing workloads to clouds. In this role he/she will drive the design, the development and improvement of the current VRO workflows developed on VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestration products and design and implement Version Control using branching strategies as part of a new Continous Integration and Continous Deployment strategy.
The Cloud Automation Architect will serve as a lead to support the current Cloud teams to maintain the Private Cloud environments involving Development, debugging and improvement of new or existing VRO workflows and VRA forms.
The Cloud Automation Architect will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology
- Lead the cloud automation architecture and set strategic direction to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: VRA, Ansible
- Design and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud automation to determine technical requirements, feasibility, and performance
- Implements/integrates cloud automation solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments
- Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs
- Act as a subject matter expert in end-to-end cloud architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience across Cloud architectures, IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center
- Extensive experience with DevOps, Togaf, ITIL and Agile process methodologies
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins
- Experience implementing automated software and cloud integration
- Experience designing, building, and implementing API gateways and micro-services architectures
- Ability to communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Familiar with secure code methodologies.
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner;
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential;
- Any other European language is a plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
- Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
Must have Skills
- Deep skills with VMware vRealize suite (VRA/VRO) and Custom Workflow Development
- Version Control with in depth experience with merging, rebasing and branching.
- Experience in design, setup, jobs and release pipelines using Jenkins.
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies.
- REST API, HTTPS authentication design and service consumption.
A plus if you have
- Worked with VMware tools to setup rules and release pipelines for Continuous Deployment.
- Knowledge in Firewall, Switch and LoadBalancer concepts including VMware NSX and software defined datacenters.
- Container design and deployment with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
If you are interested in this or similar opportunities, please send a detailed CV as soon as possible via the button below.