Halian - Cloud DevOps Engineer
> 2 years experience
Salary + benefits: Tbd
A Cloud DevOps Engineer is responsible for efficient interaction between development, operations and deployment that can balance service reliability and delivery speed. They are skilled at using public cloud platforms to build software delivery pipelines, deploy and monitor services, and manage and learn from incidents.
The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below.
- Liaise with customers' development teams and apply site reliability engineering principles to a service
- Responsible to deploy Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Build and operate CI/CD Pipelines
- Optimize service performance by implementing service monitoring strategies
- Manage / operate and assure availability, performance and security of the services
- Experience in public cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in DevOps and Agile methodology
- Experience with automation, Infrastructure as Code, configuration management and deployment scripting using PowerShell, Ansible, TerraForm, Python, Azure CLI, etc.
- Experience with source code control and build tools, such as for instance Jenkins, GIT, GitHub, etc.
- Creation of CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps/Jenkins)
- Containers - Docker/Kubernetes installation and configuration capabilities
- Infrastructure installation global knowledge (Windows System, Linux System, Network, Security, Monitoring, Storage)
- Troubleshooting skills in complex customers' issues
- ITIL processes and best practices knowledge
- Autonomy, information sharing and team spirit
- Customer centric - service oriented mindset
- Soft Skills - good written and verbal communication
As an international IT services company, Halian have worked hard for 20 years to understand the issues that keep our customers awake at night and to create the answers that make their lives a little easier.
Show full description
Our mission - the goal that's shared by everybody at every level - is “to deliver the best people and technology services in order to help Halian's customers do more; faster, better, and more cost-effectively than ever before."
We're able to do things differently because we think and act differently - the Halian Way is based on rapid service and speedy results, and at its heart lie five key values:
Partnership, Respect, Intelligence, Dedication, and Energy.
Halian has offices in the UK, Luxembourg, Dubai, and Qatar, and have more than 500 employees all over EMEA. We work with some of the world's most ambitious and dynamic organisations, such as Public and European Institutions, Finance, Oil and Gas, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and partner with industry leading hardware and software vendors. When you join Halian, you will help integrate one of our three service lines: Managed Services, Resourcing Services, or Project Services. You are able to deal with a variety of technologies in critical environments, and make a positive contribution to our customers business. In return, Halian will support the development of your career via different programmes already in place. Halian has built a strategy based on confidence with its customers and partners, and it's these strong links that allow Halian to provide you with job offers not often available on the open job market. Each role is a new challenge to take on!