Halian is looking for a “Cloud Infrastructure Architect” required in order to work for an EU Institution in Luxembourg.
About the role
- The Cloud Infrastructure Architect is responsible to ensure all solutions demonstrate industry methodologies, our standards, and meet the technical requirements.
- You will also be responsible for identifying explicit and implicit customer needs and for ascertaining the solution that best meets these needs.
- Additional responsibilities include performing evaluations of technology standards, tools, products, and solutions and working closely with business and technology stakeholders to make rational design decisions in light of known dependencies and tradeoffs.
- You will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
Key Skills & Background
- Experience deploying and operating on public and private cloud frameworks
- Lead highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise architecture
- Experience in large scale migration Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Experience with VMware Cloud products
- Familiar with DevOps concepts and tools (Ansible/Jenkins nice to have)
- Experience in infrastructure automation through DevOps
- Familiar with Kubernetes/PKS (nice to have)
- Extensive Linux and Windows skills in Virtualized/cloud environment
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and Firewalling.
- Strong Hypervisor experience, (e.g. VMware, NSX, vSAN and fibre-channel Storage arrays)
- Location: Luxembourg
- Contract: FTE
- Start Date: ASAP
- Legal statement: Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this position.