We are looking for a Junior Human Resources Advisor for our internal services please find the job details below.
The main purpose of the Junior Human Resources Advisor role is to be responsible for the delivery and support of a full range of human resources services for Halian employees within the Belgium & Luxembourg region. Working closely with the Group HR Manager and the BeLux Managing Director, the role requires both operational HR excellence and the development/implementation of strategic group wide initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of local HR administration including advising on escalations, performance issues, leave applications/attendance, coordinating regular meetings and ensuring overall smooth operations of the BeLux HR function.
- Serves as initial point of contact for problem resolution and facilitation in the areas of employee relations, performance management, and employee discipline.
- Advises both employees and management regarding employee relations policies, procedures, employments laws and documentation.
- Draft and review HR policies and procedures in compliance with legal & group requirements.
- Be responsible for communicating and supporting the development of Halian core values to and within all staff
- Work closely with the BeLux Managing Director and Group HR Manager to define and maintain a clear and well-structured job grading system for the BeLux region.
- Coordinate and oversee the bi-annual performance review procedures with managers and employees.
- Set up appropriate training plans and establish the reports in accordance with administration requirements and government rebate processes.
- Coordinate new starter induction processes.
- Coordinate exit interviews and general exit procedures.
- Ensuring communication and administration of changes to terms and conditions.
- First point of contact for payroll queries and liaison with finance for resolution.
- Support employees and managers with leave requests.
- Ensure maintenance of HR documentation, tracking and filing.
- Ensure maintenance and enhancement of HR systems.
- Support Group Human Resources Manager on implementation of new processes and projects.
- University degree in Business Administration or social sciences from a recognized university
- Professional certification from HRCI, SHRM or CIPD desirable
Specific skills required
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Good presentation and communications skills
- Exercise good organizational and time management skills
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using HR systems
- Knowledge of Luxembourg labour law
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to advise different levels of seniority confidently
Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
- Approachable, energetic nature
- Confident in conflict management
- Sound judgement in decision making
- Initiative to resolve problems independently
- Personal motivation to succeed and develop the role
- Planning and organising skills
- Proactivity and willingness to propose improvements to HR services
- Customer service-oriented approach
- 1-2 Years in a HR Generalist role in the local market
- Experience within an outsourcing environment desirable