Halian - Linux Engineers
Fixed term, Freelance
> 2 years experience
We are looking for our client Linux Enigneers with to work in Oracle environments please find more information below
Maintain operational effectiveness and perform operational duties of the Database Activity Monitoring Infrastructure (DAM) and Linux/Oracle environments, in accordance with the relevant security policies, standards and procedures:
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers, not necessarily limited to the DAM and Linux/Oracle environments
- Identify area of improvements and propose enhancements to existing environments
- Complete all scheduled security administration tasks and report/follow-up exceptions
- Maintain logical access in line with established policies and instructions
- Maintain a high level of procedural documentation in line with international standards of Quality Management
- Perform weekend and overnight on-call support (if needed).
- Good understanding of Databases and their security concepts.
- Experience in Linux operating systems and scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Perl etc...) is a plus point
- Experience in providing administration services in an IT environment
- Creative thinker and analytical problem-solver with ability to work under time pressure
- Dedicated, self-motivated achiever who is committed to success
- Fluency in English
- French and/or German highly desirable
As an international IT services company, Halian have worked hard for 20 years to understand the issues that keep our customers awake at night and to create the answers that make their lives a little easier.
Show full description
Our mission - the goal that's shared by everybody at every level - is “to deliver the best people and technology services in order to help Halian's customers do more; faster, better, and more cost-effectively than ever before."
We're able to do things differently because we think and act differently - the Halian Way is based on rapid service and speedy results, and at its heart lie five key values:
Partnership, Respect, Intelligence, Dedication, and Energy.
Halian has offices in the UK, Luxembourg, Dubai, and Qatar, and have more than 500 employees all over EMEA. We work with some of the world's most ambitious and dynamic organisations, such as Public and European Institutions, Finance, Oil and Gas, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and partner with industry leading hardware and software vendors. When you join Halian, you will help integrate one of our three service lines: Managed Services, Resourcing Services, or Project Services. You are able to deal with a variety of technologies in critical environments, and make a positive contribution to our customers business. In return, Halian will support the development of your career via different programmes already in place. Halian has built a strategy based on confidence with its customers and partners, and it's these strong links that allow Halian to provide you with job offers not often available on the open job market. Each role is a new challenge to take on!