Halian - Linux Team Leader
> 5 years experience
Halian is currently looking for a Linux Team Leader.
- Responsible and accountable for individual and team results
- Ensures customer satisfaction objectives
- Participates in projects that may be run by the client or in discrete mode with other parties
- Ensures adequate staffing and appropriate skill levels by managing shifts, staffing schedules
- Manages and controls personal presence onsite including holidays, shift and unforeseen absence for individual and teams
- Provides mentoring to service coordinators
- Provides recommendations to improve staff and team operational, technical and customer satisfaction
- Takes on a wider customer service role and act as an escalation point for the client
- Reports any issues that could cause a significant negative impact on services to the client
- Experience in project management
- Ability to operate effectively in a high-pressure situation
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Teamwork and Leadership skills
- Advanced on Linux (ideally RedHat)
- Experience with automated configuration management tools like CFEngine, Puppet or Ansible
- Advanced knowledge on Bash, Perl or Python
- Open to work on shifts and on-call rota
- Language: English
Good to have
- Knowledge of LDAP protocol and systems
- Experience managing NFS/CIFS or SMB
- Certification RHCSA or RHCE
As an international IT services company, Halian have worked hard for 20 years to understand the issues that keep our customers awake at night and to create the answers that make their lives a little easier.
Show full description
Our mission - the goal that's shared by everybody at every level - is “to deliver the best people and technology services in order to help Halian's customers do more; faster, better, and more cost-effectively than ever before."
We're able to do things differently because we think and act differently - the Halian Way is based on rapid service and speedy results, and at its heart lie five key values:
Partnership, Respect, Intelligence, Dedication, and Energy.
Halian has offices in the UK, Luxembourg, Dubai, and Qatar, and have more than 500 employees all over EMEA. We work with some of the world's most ambitious and dynamic organisations, such as Public and European Institutions, Finance, Oil and Gas, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and partner with industry leading hardware and software vendors. When you join Halian, you will help integrate one of our three service lines: Managed Services, Resourcing Services, or Project Services. You are able to deal with a variety of technologies in critical environments, and make a positive contribution to our customers business. In return, Halian will support the development of your career via different programmes already in place. Halian has built a strategy based on confidence with its customers and partners, and it's these strong links that allow Halian to provide you with job offers not often available on the open job market. Each role is a new challenge to take on!