The Architect is responsible for the definition of Monitoring architecture.
The Architect will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Design and review monitoring architecture.
- Responsible for the evolution of the products, and the implementation of future versions.
- Participate in the definition of procedures to be used by technical teams.
- Impact assessment.
- Provides technical lead for the SCOM (System Center Operations Manager - MS tool: monitor performance and system events in Windows) and Nagios Monitoring
- Capacity management for the monitoring tools.
- Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components.
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects.
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate.
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of related work experience including solid exposure to enterprise architecture.
- Proven experience in SCOM and/or Nagios (any other monitoring tool is considered as an asset).
- Ability to understand and design complex architecture for monitoring.
- Understanding of the monitored technologies like Windows, Unix, Linux, Storage bays, ...
- Knowledge of OS (Windows/Unix) based infrastructure services, processing, monitoring, scripting languages (PowerShell, Shell, Python) .... is considered as an asset.
- Proven experience programming languages is considered as an asset.
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring.
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes.
- Experience with administration methods, CMD, Console, WLST is considered as an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Service-oriented mind-set.
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is mandatory.
If you are interested in this or similar opportunities, please send a detailed CV ASAP via the button below.