The IT system Operator monitors and controls the operation of the systems (Unix, Windows, Storage and Backup). The IT system Operator starts and stops system tasks, monitors system and monitoring consoles for unusual conditions, and works with the Level 2 teams to ensure the health and normal operation of the systems.
The key accountabilities for this role are
- Technical aptitude to triage technical issues.
- Incidents resolution and problems identification
- Implements standard changes and service requests
- Comfortable with basic aspects of administration of Microsoft Server (2012/2016), and Linux (RHEL 6/7/8) operating systems.
- Daily interaction with customer and multiple data center staff.
- Ability to work in shifts.
- Ability to open and facility trouble calls, outages and drive issues to resolution
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues with SLA requirements.
- History of documenting and publishing procedures to improve operational effectiveness
Ideal candidate (Essential Skills & Technologies)
- 3+ years' experience in a Data Center
- 3+ years help desk/service desk experience
- 3+ years working with Windows Servers
- Comfortable with basic aspects of administration of systems
- Understanding of monitoring event management
- Experience as a user of SCOM or other data center monitoring tool
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of the ITIL process.
- Ability to write scripts (e.g. Perl, Python, PowerShell, Visual Basic,...)
- Infrastructure monitoring, availability testing and reporting is considered an advantage
- Ability to perform service and server restarts, perform patching, and troubleshooting in the Microsoft or Linux Server domain
- Location: Luxembourg
- Country: Luxembourg
- Contract: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Legal statement: Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this position.