Halian - Sybase DBA
> 5 years experience
Halian is currently looking for a Sybase DBA to join an important project for a European Institution.
About the role
- Work as required on the evolution, design, implementation, management, administration and support of the customer's Sybase infrastructure along with coordination of transversal IT projects
- Participate in problem, change, release, configuration and capacity management
- Coordinate major deployments in database server areas such as upgrades to new versions, yearly patching campaigns, etc...
- Troubleshoot incidents and provide second and third level support for the database servers built on physical and VMware virtual environments and architectures.
- Technical documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Carry out initiatives to follow-up and evaluate emerging technologies ge the Storage infrastructure ensuring that service levels are met;
Key Skills & Background
- SAP/Sybase Ase 12 and 15.0 and 15.7 for Unix/Linux
- SAP/Sybase IQ 15.2 and 16 for Unix/Linux
- Preference for certifications from vendors (eg Oracle/MySQL, SAP/Sybase...)
- Management of SAP/Sybase instances on VMware environment
- Good Knowledge of Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c for Unix/Linux
- MySQL 5.X on LAMP
- Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008, 2012 on Windows platform
- Scripting skills (Powershell for Microsoft SQL and Unix shells for Oracle/MySQL, SAP/Sybase)
- Location: Luxembourg
- Start Date: ASAP
- Type of contract: FTE
As an international IT services company, Halian have worked hard for 20 years to understand the issues that keep our customers awake at night and to create the answers that make their lives a little easier.
Show full description
Our mission - the goal that's shared by everybody at every level - is “to deliver the best people and technology services in order to help Halian's customers do more; faster, better, and more cost-effectively than ever before."
We're able to do things differently because we think and act differently - the Halian Way is based on rapid service and speedy results, and at its heart lie five key values:
Partnership, Respect, Intelligence, Dedication, and Energy.
Halian has offices in the UK, Luxembourg, Dubai, and Qatar, and have more than 500 employees all over EMEA. We work with some of the world's most ambitious and dynamic organisations, such as Public and European Institutions, Finance, Oil and Gas, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and partner with industry leading hardware and software vendors. When you join Halian, you will help integrate one of our three service lines: Managed Services, Resourcing Services, or Project Services. You are able to deal with a variety of technologies in critical environments, and make a positive contribution to our customers business. In return, Halian will support the development of your career via different programmes already in place. Halian has built a strategy based on confidence with its customers and partners, and it's these strong links that allow Halian to provide you with job offers not often available on the open job market. Each role is a new challenge to take on!