The Virtualization architect is responsible to design new solutions, from different vendors, and to improve in place solutions to answer business needs including all the aspect of the service such as availability requirement, confidentiality requirement. Working close to the customer, the Virtualization architect is responsible to define project scope, understand the business needs of the customer, design solutions, write architecture documentations. Working close to the operational team, he is responsible to transition and hand over infrastructure. Keeping in mind that automation is a gaol in every project, the architect should deliver the first automation of the service. The architecture role also includes level 3 support responsibilities.
Activities (proactive & reactive)
- Designing solutions in VMware Products
- Write Architectures documentations and SOP
- Transition / Hand-Over infrastructure to Operational Team
- Being level 3 support for operational teams.
- Coach and transfer knowledge to operational team
- Professional Skills:
- Analytic Skills
- Ability to create both current state and future state solution architecture documents detailing platforms, technologies used integration and communication methods into and out of an application.
- Communication Skills
- Technical Knowledge & Certifications:
- VRO configuration
- VRO Workflow Developments
- NSX, NSXT
- Understanding of production constraints
- Readiness to perform occasionally support during out of office hours
- ITIL and project management methodologies is a real advantage.
- Being able to design and implement large scale high-available.
- Network concepts and components, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot features and components.
- Knowledge of PKS is an asset.