The Virtualization Engineer will support, maintain and improve the virtualization infrastructure; analyse and assess the Banks requirements; and develop and maintain systems based upon those requirements. The engineers will partner and collaborate with other infrastructure teams, service management, information security and applications development teams in the execution of their duties. The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below.
- Provide subject matter expertise in virtualization engineering;
- Provide advanced technical support, serving as an escalation point for virtualization and shared compute infrastructure, including with third parties (e.g. manufacturer or vendor) as necessary;
- Participate in the development of systems standards, policies and procedures;
- Perform routine configuration changes to support business functions and keeping current equipment with stable firmware and patches;
- Maintain virtualization integrity;
- Understand the interaction between business applications and the virtualization and shared compute infrastructure to provide optimum performance;
- Plan and implement secure processes and systems for virtualization and shared computing infrastructure to maintain compliance with information security policies and controls;
- Plan, implement and maintain upgrades/updates/fixes for operating systems and their related components following industry good practice;
- Ensure performance and reliability by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing, satisfactory response times and working with other information technology profession-al to resolve performance issues.
Technical and specific skills / Experience
- Experience with virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.);
- Enterprise networking principles;
- Understanding of SAN/NAS implementation and support;
- Experience with clustering, disaster recovery, implementations, troubleshooting and performance tuning;
- Experience with Data Center consolidation using virtualisation;
- Experience with Windows Active Directory 2012/2016;
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, Systems Management, Data Backup & Security;
- Vendor domain certifications: VMware VCP (required).