Languages requirements: English
Duration: Unlimited (Freelance OR FTE)
Client: European Institution
Reviewing applications until 30/07/2020
Overall Job Description
- The Technical Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services.
- The Technical Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacentre environment Hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- He participates in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure.
- Participation in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in Vmwaredomain within a large environment .
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level).French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus;
- Technical Knowledge and certifications
Good knowledge in the following tools is required
- vCenter Server and ESXi 6.0 - 6.7
- VMware vRealize Operations (Vrops)
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator (VRO)
- SAN - vSAN
- HP servers
- IBM servers
- Lenovo servers
Knowledge in the following tools/environments is considered as an asset
- VMware service is responsible for maintaining & supporting the tools used for full automation of the creation (and initial configuration) of Linux & Windows containers.
- Several vCenter Server instances are installed to manage the entire virtual infrastructure. Each instance is composed of multiple virtual machines, vCenter Web Services, Single Sign On or Inventory Service.
- Many tasks have been automated via scripts and VMware Workflows to provide a powerful tool to automate, but also configure the infrastructure in an efficient way compared to traditional configuration methods.
- There are a broad range of activities performed within the Virtualization service to ensure the quality delivery of each individual service. Below you will find an overall picture of the most common activities
- Install, configure and maintain the vSphere infrastructure
- Monitoring of Hardware, hypervisor and related services.
- Service requests follow-up and fulfilment.
- Incident follow-up and resolution.
- Participation in Problem Management, both in proactive and reactive situations.
- Analysis, planning and implementation of standard and complex changes, post implementation review controls.
- Creation and improvement of Standard Operational Procedures.
- Evolution of the monitoring tools, and creation and adaptation of policy checks
- Creation and maintenance of installation scripts and automation processes.
- Create and manage workflows with vRealize Orchestrator
- Development of policies and service catalogue of the team, management of service delivery and KPIs, continuous improvement.
- Documentation management