The Network Virtualization Engineer will provide technical support to implement VMware NSX platform and related products. He focuses on all aspects of networking including engineering, design, deploying, operating, and scaling a high-performance network that provides world-class availability and security. The Network Virtualization Engineer embraces the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
- Own and drive the customer experience throughout the lifecycle of a Service Request.
- Resolve technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
- Be an advocate for network virtualization on NSX
- Mentor and deliver training to other technical staff in Network troubleshooting topics.
- Take on problems and engage with NSX engineers on reported issues, including identifying viable workarounds.
- Involved in designing, building, and testing the NSX network infrastructure components
- Participates in the planning and development of process, technology, tools, and utilities that automate the operation, monitoring, and documentation
- Troubleshoot traffic flow layer 2/layer 3, including Firewalls
- Create virtual network infrastructure and dynamic routing configuration
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation
Required Experience and Education
- Understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management, Firewalling and load balancers
- Experience with network components such as ASR routers, switches, Firewalls, ASA, etc).Virtual networking components Vsg, Nexus1000v, BGP & OSPF protocol
- CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes, and standards
- Experience supporting large enterprise deployments.
- Hands on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
- 5+ years hands-on experience installing, configuring, managing, and monitoring all aspects of core physical networking.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Strong understanding of networking and virtualization technologies
- VMware NSX experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing technology requirements
- Strong system design background
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Cloud network and security technologies experience