In this role, you plan and execute activities related to the network of the Bank, ensuring smooth and fast operations of all applications.
You make information accessible to business users in a reliable and secure way encourage IT applications to adopt best practices in applications interfacing and assure data integrity and confidentiality over the entire networking infrastructure.
You analyse and define the Bank's network and Firewall infrastructure, putting performance and security as primary target.
You work closely with IT Applications team and external suppliers for implementing new communication capabilities, secure data transfer and efficient applications interoperability.
Finally, you maintain and support the Bank's network, Firewall and servers infrastructure, assuring good utilisation of resources and high availability
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Skilled in configuring Cisco switches (Catalyst & Nexus)
- Skilled in configuring Cisco and/or CheckPoint Firewalls
- Knowledgeable Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model, hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tool
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience, deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPsec, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Good knowledge in VMware vSphere
- Basic knowledge in Antivirus solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting principles and methodologies
- Basic knowledge of relational databases administration
- Quick learner and team player
- Fluent in English
Education & experience
- University bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience as Network Engineer
- Experience in Banking environments is an asset